Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems Survey (HCAHPS)
The Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems Survey (HCAHPS), created through efforts of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, is designed to improve consumer choice, create loyalty, and move facilities to a patient satisfaction-based reward system. Mercy scored above both the Illinois and national average in a number of quality measures and shone particularly bright in the patient satisfaction results. Please view our results at the link below.
Mercy Ranks Significantly Better Than State Average
Mercy Hospital & Medical Center ranked significantly better than state average performing at the best possible rate in five categories: Heart Attack Deaths(Not Including Transfers), Inpatient Heart Attack Deaths, Hip Replacement, Stroke, and Congestive Heart Failure.
These results were presented in the recent Illinois Hospital Report Card. The Illinois Hospital Report Card was created to provide patients the opportunity to access information about the quality of health care provided in Illinois.
The Illinois Hospital Report Card tracked mortality data in all Illinois hospitals. Mortality data was chosen, because better processes of care may reduce short-term mortality, which represents better quality health care. In this study the better your mortality rate is, the better your hospital has performed, which translates to more lives saved.
Heart Attack Deaths, Not Including Transfers
Mercy has a mortality rate of 1.61%, significantly better then the state average of 8.79%.
Inpatient Heart Attack Deaths
Mercy’s mortality rate is 1.85%, while the state average is 8.34%.
Mercy has a 0% mortality rate, meaning there were no deaths, while the state average is .32%.
Mercy has a 2.98% mortality rate, significantly outperforming the state average of 9.10%.
Congestive Heart Failure
Mercy has a .88% mortality rate, and the state average is 3.88%.
At Mercy, quality is a top priority, and patients always come first. This data reaffirms Mercy’s commitment to providing safe, effective, quality care. Mercy continues to strive for better outcomes, and to enhance the patient experience.
To learn more, or compare hospitals visit the Illinois Hospital Report Card website.
Our Accreditations, Distinctions, Designations and Awards
Mercy Hospital & Medical Center's commitment to quality is demonstrated through our numerous accreditations, distinctions, designations, and awards. This translates to better health care for you. Don't take our word for it, see for yourself.
- Primary Stroke Certification, American Osteopathic Association, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Programs (HFAP)
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) Certification, Illinois Department of Public Health
- Stage 6 Designation of the HIMSS Analytics Electronic Medical Record Adoption Model
- Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Nation's Top 100 for Cardiac Care, Thomson Healthcare
- Cancer Program Three-year Accreditation, American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Diabetes Treatment Center Accredited for Excellence, American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- Laboratory CAP Certification, College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Radiology & Imaging Accreditation, American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program Certification, American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Certification, American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACCPR)